Welcome to Healthy Bucket dot com. Tips and advice to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
What does green poop mean and whats the cause of it? Have you recently had a bowel movement and noticed your poop was greenish in color? You may be concerned thinking there is something wrong with you but the good news is you are probably normal and healthy but just having green poops. Stool color may vary in color from day to day. Green poop happens for a varriety of reasons and is actually a fairly common condition.
What Does Green Poop Mean? Possible Shades of Green Poop:
- Dark green poop
- Lime green poop
- Blue green poop
- Florescent green poop
- Bright green poop
There are several reasons why stools maybe green. The number one cause of green feces is foods. Eating green foods, whether they are naturally green or artificially green may lead to green stools.
Everybody Poops 410 Pounds a Year: An Illustrated Bathroom Companion for Grown-Ups
32 total customer reviews...
What Does Green Poop Mean – Food Causes of Green Poop
- Vegetables – If you have have been eating large amounts of green leafy vegetables, you may be more prone to having green feces. If you love broccoli and have recently been eating a bunch of it, then broccoli is probably the cause of green poop.
- Green Food Dye – Eating foods containing green food dye. Green food dye is found in Kool Aid, Jello, candy, ice creams, Popsicles, and other junk foods. Eating even a small amount of food colored with green dye may result in green poops.
What Does Green Poop Mean – Medical Reasons for Green Poop
If you haven’t been eating any green colored foods, then other possible medical reasons why you could be having green poop may include:
- Diarrhea – When food moves too quickly through the large intestine, bile (from the small intestine) doesn’t have a chance to properly break down completely. This is called, “decreased colonic transit time” or “rapid transit”, and results in green feces.
- Vitamins & Supplements – you start taking supplements or a multi-vitamin with iron? Iron found in nutritional supplements could cause green stools.
- Laxatives & Colon Cleansers
- Food Poisoning
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Malabsortption of foods
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
If you have been wondering, “What does green poop mean?”, and haven’t recently been eating green foods, you should give your doctor a call.
How Others Found This Site:
- what does green poop mean in adults
- green poop in adults means
- green poop in adults
- lime green poop in adults
- what does green stool mean in adults
- what does green poop mean
- lime green stool in adults
- bright green poop in adults
- Green stool in adults
- lime green stools in adults
- blue green poop in adults
- blue poop in adults
- what does green poop indicate in adults
- blue stool in adults
- green poop what does it mean in adults